Guide to setup your Google Business Profile (GBP)
Your Google Business Profile (GBP) is your online storefront on Google. It’s what shows up when people search for your business on Google Search and Maps. A well-optimised GBP can help you attract more customers and grow your business.
Here’s an easy-to-follow guide to optimize your GBP:
- Claim and verify your GBP. If you don’t have a GBP yet, you can create one for free. Once you’ve created your GBP, you need to verify it. This proves that you own or manage the business.
- Complete your GBP profile. Make sure to fill out all of the sections of your GBP profile, including your business name, address, phone number, website, hours of operation, and categories. You can also add photos, videos, and a business description.
- Keep your GBP profile up-to-date. Make sure to update your GBP profile whenever your business information changes, such as your hours of operation or address.
- Get reviews from customers. Reviews are a great way to show potential customers that your business is trustworthy and reliable. Encourage your customers to leave reviews on your GBP profile.
- Respond to reviews. Whether positive or negative, it’s important to respond to all reviews on your GBP profile. This shows that you value your customers and their feedback.
Here are some additional tips for optimising your GBP:
- Use relevant keywords throughout your GBP profile, including your business name, description, and categories.
- Upload high-quality photos and videos of your business.
- Use the GBP posting feature to share updates about your business, such as new products or services, special offers, and events.
- Track your GBP insights to see how people are finding and interacting with your business on Google.
By following these tips, you can optimise your GBP basics and improve your visibility on Google Search and Maps. This can help you attract more customers and grow your business. If you prefer, Super SEO can take this to an entirely different level to your competitors.